Does anyone believe that your dreams can tell you things or that they mean something?

I do, but my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy. Just curious if I'm the only one that's always analyzing my dreams. I had a dream the other night I was giving birth to a baby! LOL!

luvmyangels3

Asked by luvmyangels3 at 4:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i do...theres been so many times that i have a dream and some part of it happens or kinda happens like it or i totally get what the dream was suppose to mean and ive even have dreams about places ive never seen and then when i went to hawaii i seen them. or ill have dreams about a situation in a place and soon as i see that place in real life ill know to leave. its crazy. but dreams have meaning you jus have to know how to interpret it
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think sometimes your dreams can tell you some things but I think alot of the time it's just your brain working overtime when you are going to sleep!
    Anonymous

• that too...not every dream of mine means somethin but i know when i have a dream that does have meaning..idk i can jus tell the difference..but i had the worst dream of my life the other night and i pray to god that never happens
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 4:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Absolutely, I think dreams are a way for you to understand why you are going through what you are. Or sometimes they give information you might not otherwise have. Years ago before I got married I was having a long distance relationship(not to long he was 3 hours away). Anyway I had a dream about a woman I had never met sitting in a chair in his room(which at the time was situated close to the bed). Then I had a second dream of her sitting on his bed. When I went to see him I saw a picture of her in an album he was putting together. He just said she was a friend from NC.

Long story short it came out a few days after my visit that she had come up to see him and he had slept with her. The dream had been telling me he was cheating.

I''ve had other dreams that have given my insight to myself as well. I believe you. Dreams have a way of telling a story about the past present and future.
    Mercedus

Answer by Mercedus at 4:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• yes they do if you are really curious about it check out slyvia browne's book of dreams. so far its the best one to help me understand dreams. some of those books about certain objects meaning certain things dont tell you much being something like a tree for example can mean different things to different people.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think that they have significance, dont really know that they MEAN anything, just what your mind is thinking about when you go to sleep.
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Thanks Bonnie-jo, i'll have to look for that book!
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I don't know why I dreamt of Heath Ledger lastnight?? I sure wasn't thinking of him when I went to bed. In any case...I sure hope it means something. lol
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 5:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• For sure, they have meanings. You just have to figure out what it is because they are personal to you.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Absolutely. Your dreams signify what you are going through in your waking life. I don't think it tells you clues about the future, but they can help you understand your current emotions, if you look up the dreams. I occasionally jot down things from my dreams and look them up on dreammoods.com. It's fascinating.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009