Not sure if I'm cramping or maybe it's my kidney hurting? Not really sure...

I'm at work right now so there's really nothing I can do, just wondering if anyone may know what is causing this...my lower back on my left side has been hurting all day. At first it felt like cramping and Im 11 weeks and 4 days pregnant so it scared me so at first so I check and make sure Im not bleeding eveytime I go to the bathroom but now Im beginning to think it may be my kidney bc it's in that area and my back is actually swollen there and it's only on one side.. I dont know what else it could be but its been hurting for about 4 hours. I dont drink alot of sodas so thats not causing my kidneys to hurt. I know alot of women get UTI while pregnant but would that make my kidney hurt and swell? Dont say "Go to/call the doctor" bc like I said Im at work right now and just want to know if anyone has even had this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could very well be just call the doctor and they can tell you what to do
    mommyof6552

Answer by mommyof6552 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i had the same problem and i have a uti
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would go to the dr just because it could be a uti..
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Sounds like a UTI to me. I know you are probably peeing more than normal becuase you are newly pregnant but... when you pee does your bladder feel kinda heavy, like it cant be fully emptied? Thats a sign of a UTI too. But you can get a kidney infection without the bladder infection symptoms. With a UTI it is very possible to have pee in your urine so if you start to bleed, dab your who-ha to make sure the blood isnt coming from there before you freak out:) One time I had a UTI and was bleeding so much in my urine that they thought I was on my period and so they did a cathider to test my pee

I would make a doctors appointment but its not gonna kill you to wait a day. You might regret it tonight becuase it will probably start hurting more but its not ER urgent. However it does require anti-biotics so you will need to go eventually
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would also recommend that you monitor your temperature. I tend to spike a high temp with kidney infections.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 7:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009