• In the Spotlight:

What can she eat?

I have a ten month old baby girl with zero teeth and no sign of any to come! She is on table food right now but since she has no teeth i am wondering what to give her to eat. I have tryed boiling carrots, sweet potatoes, and white potatoes also avacado and apple sauce. She will eat puffs like there is no tommrow, but she eats the same thing everyday and i can tell its getting old for her. So what can i feed her that she can eat and not choke sice she is a toothless?

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• love those older babies with toothless smiles!
    mine late on teeth too
    you can put almost anything into a food processor
    and teething buscuits, she will get teeth soon and all at once
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My oldest didn't get teeth until she was 11 months. She ate everything we ate, I just made sure it was small pieces, and since she ate dinner with us at the table at the same time, we were there to watch her and make sure she didn't choke on any meat or anything.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 5:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• they use molars to chew, not their front teeth, and the molars don't come in for a long time - she can eat anything you eat and it doesn't need to be put through a food processor, just cut up. My 8 month old has no teeth and he eats exactly what we eat for supper (tonight we had ravioli and salad - i cut up the ravioli and the cukes and tomatoes from the salad). For breakfast he either has oatmeal or a whole wheat waffle with diced fruit; and for lunch he usually has some combination of cheese or yogurt, whole wheat bread, a veggie (green beans, peas, etc) and a fruit (strawberries, bananas, etc).

Answer by missanc at 8:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009