Can someone PLEASE explain this to me?

Why, if someone is a Chrsitian, and has a dream of the future is it automatically a prophetic dream and from God, but if someone who isn't a Christian has the same thing, it is automatically "from the devil? I just don't get it.
Same thing with precognition. If a Christian says they "know" things, it is automatically God telling them or warning them, but if it's a non-Christian, it's the devil messing with them and using them. I just don't understand. Could someone PLEASE explain this to me, I really want to know.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't believe that at all. People fear what they do not understand.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I was hearing thinks and knowing things and I prayed that if it wasent from God to go away and it did. I dont think it is always from satan or always from God. I dont know how else to answer your question. Sorry.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 4:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I can't explain it either. I think it's a double standard. As a Christian, who am I to say that any premonition or psychic gift isn't Divine?
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Wow. I wonder who was saying things like that. I'm a Christian and have had a few dreams that have come true in my life. I think it was POSSIBLY God telling me ahead of time. Or NOT. Truth is, I don't know why they came true. Both dreams were concerning significant events in my life, though. I sure hope the dream I had last night doesn't come true. I dreamt about a full daylight invation of UFO's.  They were huge, with a rounded trangular shape.  There were hundreds of them in the sky doing a sort of synchronized maneuver...it reminded me of the preciseness of the crop circles.  The whole world saw this and in my dream, my husband and I just stood outside and watched this amazing display with our jaws dropped.

Anonymous

• Anon that sounds like the beginnings to an awesome movie.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I believe in a closed Biblical cannon. This means that anyone who claims they have written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit OR anyone who claims to dream or prophecy in the same way that the prophets of ancient Biblical times did, I do not believe it is from God. Why? Because I don't believe God communicates with us in that way any more. Jeremiahs says that God's people have broken his covenant and that he will no longer take us by the hand and lead us physically as he did with his children out of Egypt. Instead, his law will be written on our hearts. I am lead by the Holy Spirit and the Bible, not by God's physical voice to me through prophecy.

That being said, I don't automatically claim that everything is from a malevolent spirit or the devil either. There are multiple entities that could possibly communicate to someone.

(cont.)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i never noticed before. i think that people can get there prayers answered in it comes in dreams therefore if you prayed about it it came from god. cause satan doesn't answer prayers. also i never sawit the way you explained that people think other dreams from non christians is from the devil. i personally don't see that in someone. sometimes what people do know is from god cause they have asked to know about those things and i think that god answers you! i guess i didn't really answer your question. frankly i don't see that happening. unless of course it's when it's in the news how some parent was told to kill their child. now that would be from satan. although if they were christian or not i don't know. i think it goes both ways and no real double standard there. it's just how one person percieves it, like how you to precieve to be so when i personally don't see it all.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• being empathetic and intuitive or being able to see spirits is one thing. I believe God may give those gifts to people to help others. Downright prophecy? No, I would not believe anyone who said anything was a prophecy from God. I think current "prophecy" is pointless. If what you're "prophecying" is in the Bible, what's the point? I can just go read it there. How do I know you got it from God and not the Bible? If it isn't in the Bible, which is an unmatched tool to get to know God, how can I possibly verify it is from him? I don't find that prophecy would be at all edifying in modern times. JMHO.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I believe God speaks today in any way shape or form. He is God and He will use whatever means necessary to get the message across... otherwise the ROCKS will start to cry out.
    The bible says we also will do greater works than Jesus did. He heard and saw what His Father did and so will we. I believe, spiritguide God can get a message across to christian and non if he so chooses. God will use whomever He wants to. However it must line up with the word. How? It must follow inline with the character of God. His character is outlined so many times in the bible but not all know it. There are dreams that do come from satan but we have to have the discernment to know who it is from. I have had both. I have had prophetic and reflective dreams.. dreams of the future and dreams that have to do with my walk now in Christ Jesus.
    I have the gift of prophecy and to say it does not operate today undermines the power of the Holy Spiri
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• t what I walk in uplifts, encourages people to fly and soar in into their destiny. I rarely talk about this gift as to not walk in areas of pride but that I want to walk in humilty and love. God speaks in many forms today, it is not always audible but it still does happen today.
    Dreams are one way God speaks to one prophetically. I refuse to doubt the power of the Holy Spirit , God the Father and Jesus the Son and how they choose to send a message to those in need of hearing it. This is just my understanding of WHO God is. He IS the same yesterday , today and forever so if He spoke to the prophets yesterday, He still does today and will forever UNTIL all things pass away at the end of this age.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009