I dont have the best patience so...

i dont have great patience. im sscared ill get onto my child alot more than im supposed to, im 13 wks and 5days but i jus have the feeling wen my child gets a little older im not goin to have as much patience as i should can anyone give me advice?

wishingmommy1

Asked by wishingmommy1 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't have patience either but you learn over time and it's critical to take breaks (babysitter) and walk away when annoyed. You just have to put your mind in a place that says, "this is a baby, I'm the grownup and I'm gonna place baby in a safe place and walk away." If you actually do this or count to 10, it really helps.
    Anonymous

• When your child does something wrong don't talk about it or confront/punish your child when you are mad. Go cool off then come back and take care of the situation. It makes a world of difference.

Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• eeek? counseling and anger management? IDK what exactly u mean when the baby gets older like in your tummy or when u give birth?
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon 2:00 take one step at a time parenting is not easy!
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 5:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• lol after i have birth and my child gets to the age where all it wants to do is get on your nerves around the age 3 or so. im not crazy or mad i just think my patience aint perfect with todlers.
    wishingmommy1

Answer by wishingmommy1 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think you should wait and see if this is still an issue once your baby comes. I am not a very patient person either, but it feels different once you see your baby and fall so deeply in love with her/him - you may find patience you never realized you had. Good luck! You will be a great mom!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2009