is bad breakouts normal?

I am 26 weeks pregnant and for the last week my face has been badly broken out. I have tried different things and nothing seems to work it just seems to get worse. I hate walking around with my face looking like this and there being nothing i can do. Is this normal in pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was a walking zit withmy second pregnancy. it was nasty! nothing helped get rid of them, just lots of washing and moisturizing and using good products.

gotta love hormones, especially in summer when we're all sweaty
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I've heard breakouts can happen for some women! I wouldn't try and use anything without discussing with your doctor on your next visit. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• oh yes. it happened to me so bad, and other people that i know. the only thing that works for my face are products with salicylic acid. alot of people say not to use that when your pregnant, but all of my doctors said it was fine and one of them even said she used it during her pregnancy, so i trusted their word and i used it and my son is just fine. they just dont use it as a mask, but a wash or a toner is fine.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• YES!!! With my son, my face broke out like a hormonal teenage boy's. It was awful, and it took me forever to find something to even come close to helping it. I went and got some Merl Norman Luxiva spot treatment. It actually worked really good.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009