Stretch mark - can you get marks in second or subsequent pregnancies if you didn't get them in your first

I read some where that you are either born to get them or not, no matter what you apply. Has this been true in your case? I didn't get any marks during my first pregnancy. I did use palmers lotion everyday. What are my chances of getting marks during this pregnancy. I am 11 weeks now and wondering if I should start applying lotion this time around too?
Is anyone out there who got marks in second or subsequent pregnancies?

SweKrish

Asked by SweKrish at 5:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont have any strestch marks on my tummy but i do have them high on my hips but just a few, I have had three children, so I really dont know. I didnt use anything. If you used cream on your first, I would use them on the second too, just in case. It could be good genes or the cream, who really knows.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You could get them in your next pregnancies if you didn't have them in the first one. But it is VERY unlikely because the skin has alreadybeen stretched that far before. I have them bad but my mom doesn't and she is always on my ass about it! Im like "ugh! you gave them to me!!!" And no, lotion doesn't help. But mine got lighter to my skin color by using Tummy Butter. You can find it at Wal Mart for $5! GL and congrats!

Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 5:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• yes some of mine justgot a little bit bigger but i have like 2 or 3 new one that i can see lol i guess i will kno how many more i have in a couple of weeks..
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 5:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i got no stretch marks with my first...and this one i have a ton....needless to say i was upset....but yeah...you can get them even if you didnt get them in your first
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• ....also to add some hope for those with stretch marks, they do fade immensely with time.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 7:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2009