How do I get my 3 year old to go poop in the toilet?

My little girl is so scared to go poop in the toilet that she will hold it for days. She goes pee without a problem but, for some reason she won't poo. She throughs a temper tantrum every time I terll her she needs to poo. and it's getting realy bad. I need HELP PLEASE!!!!

bombshell85

Asked by bombshell85 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Why is she scared? Maybe if you discover the reason for her fear you can help her overcome it.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I do not know if this will work for you but it did for me, my son .. (who is now 7 ) was just like that would not go poo he would do anything not to, he was scared I found out of the hard plopping noise it made when he went poo, but pee it did not make that noise, so I added water to the "big Boy" potty and then it made less of a plopping noise and it worked :0 I hope this helps you:)
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2009