Do you have a fear of the drive thru window?

My fiance goes inside to order food because he has a Spanish accent and he gets embarrassed if the drive thru person doesn't understand him. That's understandable. But *I* have an irrational fear of taking too long or messing up my words! I would rather go inside and talk to a person face to face.

I'm weird I guess. I also hate talking on the phone, and I go inside at the bank.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 5:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm only scared to use my bank card at the drive thru so I always go in unless I have cash! I'm scared someone is going to write my info down or something!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 5:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• the only drive thru I hate to go to is the one at the oriental restuarant. Great food. Good prices. Nice ppl but they can't understand English and they mess up the order every time I go through the drive thru
    Anonymous

• I so get it!! I get nervous about running into things. those drive thru's r narrow.
    Anonymous

• I'm not afraid of going through it, but I'm terrified of running it. I work at a Taco Bell and I literally have panic attacks if they try to get me to work drive through.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I don't mind drive thrus. I usually go inside though.
    Kodeekins

Answer by Kodeekins at 5:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think I have the opposite fear! I will sit in a long line in the drive thru to avoid going inside. Oh, but that might be because I haven't combed my hair too.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 6:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I am EXACTLY the same way i will only go if i know exactly what i want.. i don't want to take too long or sound dumb. . and i hate talking on the phone.. i refuse to call to order a pizza or even to make dr appts.. i don't know what is wrong with me maby i'll grow out of it..
    yas_marie_87

Answer by yas_marie_87 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• No, but then I never use drive thrus. I do not like eating in the car, and if am ordering take out, I would sooner go in so I know I am getting exactly what I ordered.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2009