cat puking cuz it's too hot?

My tabby has been vomiting like mad all day. It's nicely air conditioned inside (and he's a strictly indoors cat) but he sits in a window and bakes in the sun. It's a particularly roasting day... I didn't even take my kids out to play. Can cats puke from overheating?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pets

• Be careful putting any overheated animal in a cool or cold bath.. put them in a lukewarm bath anything else will throw them into shock.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:09 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Yes-feel the inside of his ears and if they feel extremly hot put him in a cool bath. I had a cat that would get overheated and puke, this always worked.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yes they can puke from overheating. Also check to make sure his eyes are clear and normal looking, bc if its not overheating he may have ingested something that is making him sick. Especially check to make sure he hasn't gotten into any kind of poisons or flea treatments, etc.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2009