lower back pain......normal?

i'm 36 weeks and have been getting a lot of lower back pain. alot have been saying it might be false labor because sometimes i have stomach pains to. but today it's been all back pain. is this normal?

cleo2582

Asked by cleo2582 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My first pregnancy when I went into labor, all I had was lower back pain. The doctor kept asking me if I felt the contractions as they were coming about 2 minutes apart. I didn't feel anything like what I thought was a contraction. Are you dialated at all? Water broke? You might want to call your ob to make sure. Good luck!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• When it is just back pains it is probley not pre-labor but when your tummy gets tight with it then pre-labor. You can be feeling the weight of the baby , baby drop, many things if you feel to uncomfortable or it last to long call your dr. If it is mild and goes away with good sleep and rest off your feet just make sure you mention it at the next apt. don't let it get to the point where you are in pain discomfort is normal. Best of luck to you ..
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 5:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• that far in your pregnancy your lowere back should hert just a tad..lol.
    bjones2552

Answer by bjones2552 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Very! I am 34 weeks pregnant and my back always is achy. They say that a severe back pain that doesn't go away is a sign of early labor among other symptoms, so just be aware of that!
    Bluedragn8

Answer by Bluedragn8 at 12:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2009