Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how to...

So I had my son and my darling husband went and named him behind my back! the best part is for some reason i never filled out paperwork agreeing to the name. I tried to let it grow on me and 3 months later i cant even bring myself to call him anything but baby or little baby! needless to say I want to get his name legally changed before he thinks his name is little baby. does anyone know how to go about this?

Answer Question

Asked by tj-n-lee26 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • How on earth did he do it without your signature or whatever? I dunno if that is possible? RU 100% sure, like u saw the paperwork?
    If he forged your name you're homefree, the ppwk is void

    Answer by hibbingmom at 5:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • If your spouse filled it all out and signed your name to it then he could be in huge trouble.

    I always was given the paperwork in the hossy, not my hubby LOL. Im not sure how you didnt see it or he bypassed you.

    Im sure there are ways to change his name, you will have to get a hold of the hossy probably and state records and all that to have it legally changed and it will probably cost you but Im not sure how much. Probably depends on the state.

    Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • You can file for a name change at any age . Who to contact I am not sure..

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • I doubt her DH forged her name ladies. At least here in CA only one parent has to sign the birth certificate paperwork. This is how I ended up with the name my dad loved and my mom hated. My DH filled out our paperwork but we were in 100% agreement of what we were naming DS.

    OP: you can legally change his name, go to the court house or social services office and ask about it. However, at this point you may need both parents consent.

    Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 6:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • It is completely possible to change your name. It's the same procedure with county records that you do when you get married and take your husbands name. My ex husbands first wife changed their daughters name to her maiden name, with my Ex's consent.

    Answer by hopelessnance at 6:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.