FORD ESCAPES?

were looking to upgrade my 2001 chevy prizm. I wanted a ford escape before I bought my car (4 yrs ago) but ended up with the car.
well were looking again this time for a 4 wheel, low gas mileage, dependable SUV. I still have my heart set on a Escape. I have three children, I need to know how are they on gas, are the relieable, do they run good. tell me everything you know. Please tell me what year you have, how much you paid and how you feel about it. We are looking to buy a 02-07. thanks I just want to make sure this is the SUV for me?

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My SO's ex just bought an old wrecked one so we just happened to be talking about this yesterday. I don't know anything about them but, just in case you DO get one, my SO was telling me this story about one of their customers who bought one. It got low on transmission fluid. So he stopped at a gas station and bought some. The transmission went out 2 days later. It cost him $3,000 to fix it. Apparently you have to use a specific transmission fluid that costs something like $23 a bottle. Just something to keep in mind if you do get one.
    LifeGoesOn08

Answer by LifeGoesOn08 at 3:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2009

• I personally would steer clear of Ford. The vehicles in general are known for breaking down.
    Anonymous

• my son has one he loves it they travel all over he brags about the mileage.
    Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have a Ford expediton, love my car.. it's big enuff for all of us,plus the kids can invite a friend or two... i have 3 kids. with a car we just couldn't have room for friends.. i would just look around. test drive and go from there.. mine is a 2001
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 9:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2009