Nebulizer question

what is your ritual or routine for during a neb treatment? We used to have this special cartoon DVD given to us by a pulmonologist that ran the exact length of a neb treatment but it's pretty ruined now. How do you get your monkey to sit still and wait it out?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Health

• i let my kids pick there cartoon or movie they wanted to watch, for the most part i just have to hold them, i used to sing to them sometimes too during treatments, that worked most of the time also
    calcarsmom1980

Answer by calcarsmom1980 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My son didn't have a nebulizer but a couple toddlers at the day care I worked at did. I let them look at books, play with my cell phone (I locked the keypad), play with my keys. Whatever it took to get them to sit still. If the child was older, the other kids would act silly, sing, dance and just entertain the child getting the treatment.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2009