Honestly, do you think there are parts of DH's life that is none of your business as his wife?

A wife asked a question about should she talk to DH who complains to her about not getting a promotion but then he won't step up when the chips are down at work. A couple of people told her to mind her own business and assumed that she was interfering with his job. I think she was talking about taking to him about his ambition, not trying to tell him what to do at his job.

So I ask you women, if DH wanted something and complained about not getting it but he didn't go after it when he got the opportunity, wouldn't you think that you might need to address with him that his lack of ambition or action might be what's holding him back?

I think that's what that mom was asking, but she got jumped on sorta because she didn't word it exactly right.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm the type of person that after a while of hearing the same complaints and seeing someone not take any action to fix it... i call them on it. No matter who it is. I always just say "Look, if you're not attempting to fix your problems, you're creating them. If you're not going to take my advice I'm not offering anymore." I do my best to support my husband in whatever he wishes to accomplish, but sometimes people thrive on the drama. I won't put up with that.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 6:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• There's nothing at all wrong with a push in the right direction!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 5:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Be supportive incourage the partner but don't get into their work.. Try to help when they are at home but don't get to into it. They are the ones going to work and doing or not doing the job they have to face them selves everday and the boss. NOT you..
    Anonymous

• I think as long as we are married his business is my business and my business is his, I never hold back, if I got something to tell my man he will hear no matter what it is, his decisions and actions affect both of our life's

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• as long as he is talking to her about it, she can offer advice. i think if he doesn't talk about it then he doesn't want advice. but i think as a married couple that's kinda part of it, giving each other honest advice not everyone would
    mommy2xp

Answer by mommy2xp at 6:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• What looovemybabies said!
    beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 6:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Every aspect of each other's lives is the business of husbands and wives. You are one flesh.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 6:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• "I think as long as we are married his business is my business and my business is his"

Exactly.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• everyone deserves to have their own space and privacy sometimes. there are things I don't tell my dh, and things he doesnt' tell me. I want to know...but I don't ask because I respect his need for something of his own.

as for something with his work...its totally not my place to butt in - I see his boss once every christmas so it wouldn't affect anything but he sees him on a daily basis. I wouldn't want to jeopardize anything with his job - although I know that wouldn't happen since we're taking over the business next year.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I agree with hypermamaz.

There are just some things that I dont really share with DH and I know there are things he doesnt share with me. Mainly they are his feelings concerning past things with family and he feels I wouldnt understand them like his brothers would,etc. I respect that because he's right.

In a work situation. Well, my DH has been in the same situation as described. Could have gone after new stuff but didnt.
    Yes, I could have bugged him about it but I try not to bug him, mother him, or nag him.
    I trust in his intelligence and in his ability to know whats best for our family when it comes to his work,etc. I know he has his reasons for not going for it even if I think he should have and I leave it at that.
    It probably depends on the spouse too. Some may need a nudge or two or three, mine doesnt.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2009