did you let dh adopt your son or daughter?

how did that work out for you? the child? are you guys still together? do you think you should wait until the child is old enough to say they want to be adopted? tell me your story/opinion...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• my grandma had her husband adopt my father when he was 2. they broke up when he was 23 and he didnt find out til his real father was until then. needless to say he was pissed!!! altho he should have known my grandma is 5' 2" n his step dad is 5'8" n hes 6'4" so obviously he didnt look a thing like his step dad lol if you do at least tell them before they are 18 that the man who adopted him isnt his real father, if he wants to meet his real father then give him the info. no one should go without knowing unless they dont want them which is horrible
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My step father tried to adopt me but my loser biological dad wouldn't let him. He sometimes remembered my birthday and called me only twice a year but would not let him adopt me. I say if the step father wants to adopt the children and the kids like him then by all means let him adopt them. It doesn't have to be a secret who the biological dad is and who the Real Dad is. You can explain that Jack is why you have brown hair but John is who takes care you go and loves going to your baseball games. "Anyone can be a father it takes a man to be a Daddy." I don't know who first said that quote but it is a great one! It is all about the children. I don't think that blood lines make family its love that makes a family and IMO you should put the child wherever he is going to get the love needed to grow into a healthy adult.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my opinion is that i would very much like for my husband to adopt my my children but that is cause i know i would never divorce him. i have committed to him. now the ex won't let him adopt her and the boys. i wouldn't wait for the child to decide. if the newbie is around to stay and is raising them he is the greater part of the father then the ex. so he should be entitled to have those kids be their own to him. my oldest doesn't want to be adopted by my husband cause he has to much loyalty to his dad who happened to move to another state. wow i would never let my kids live that far away until they have their own families.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009