Has Your Kid Ever "Sold You Out"?

I recieved a Baby Shower gift from my cousin, Sabrina. She dropped by with her 4 year old who's just a little too smart for her own good, and her 1 year old, Kaitlyn. Unpacking the gift, I pulled out an adorable white Children's Place dress for a 0-3 month old with the tag still on it. Jailene, the 4 year old, chirps, "That was Kaitlyn's but it's too big for her!"
I wanted to die laughing, because I know Sabrina was probably embarrassed. Anyway, I didn't have any hard feelings. Nice dress and the tag is still on.
Has your kid ever sold you out like that before?

Gothiclovesick

Asked by Gothiclovesick at 6:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• LOL, my son had just turned one in october. it was christmas time, and we were in line at a shop, and in front of us was a large man wearing a red shirt. my son's eyes lit up and he said "HO HO HO!" I had to explain that the man, even though he was large and wearing red, was not santa.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 7:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• oh yeah.

my middle dd has no inner dialogue whatsoever. she's embarrassed me countless times.lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Your poor cousin :).

Kids just say it like it is and some times that leaves us a little red faced. I can't think of any particular time it has happened but I am sure it has!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• The other day, my stepson did this to his mother. He came home with a new toy. His mother said that she took him to the store to pick it out, so that he could spend his holiday money. He says "Grandma bought this for me. I didn't pick it out. And I don't have holiday money at your house," My husband very calmly told him that he was being rude for interrupting and asked him to please be more considerate about it in the future. But as soon as my husband and I were alone, we were laughing so hard.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Aw! That last story is almost sad, but funny!
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 6:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• And he will all the time tell people when they are telling a story.."That's not how it happened." We have finally broken him of that habit, but it took a while.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My kids do this to me all the time. They always bust me for talking on my cell and driving to Dh....... They told him one time..... Mom just drops the phone when she sees a police officer........ HAHAHAHA. They are 5 and 6.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2009