WHERE I STHIS COMING FROM

I am going insane, my son is seven and is talking back and fibbing I have no clue where this is coming from. I am getting a little frustrated and I know I should not but... I am. Here is what happened.. So my Husband was painting a shelf for me because we just got a house, and he put the paint up on a top shelf I come out in the morning and I have a line on the side of my house I was like okay maybe my husband acidentally painted a line on our cream house, I looked for the paint it was where it was suposed to be then today I came out and a bigger line on the side of my house I found the paint was where it was suposed to be I called my son out to ask what happened,, (he had paint on his fingers he said His father must have done it when he was sleep walking Where does that come from( where did my son hear of sleep walking I do not even know how to answer that to my son so I just decided to hop on here any advice please :)

CrystalPmom2

Asked by CrystalPmom2 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Cartoons have sleepwalking. He could have heard it somewhere like that if he watches TV. A book even?

I agree with the PP. Also give him a separate punishment for lying.
    Anonymous

• As punishment he should be the one to paint it back the right color
    Anonymous

• Thank you guys for the replay I was standing there in shock looking at my son blank because I did not know where he pulled this out of his hat form .. TY guys very much :)
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Don't let up on him! He should get punished for lying and a seperate punishment for what he did. Every little fib should have a severe punishment so that he knows it ain't gonna b tolerated at all!!
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 2:27 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I give my kids a little bit of vinger.. and all kids fib at some point or another. cause they know there gonna get in trouble.. i tell mine that they will most likly get in trouble but wont be as bad if they tell truth... as for sleep walking does he go to anyones house someone could of said something there... Good luck...
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 9:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2009