My little girl will be three next month.. she is having horrible tantrums... and not sleeping in her own bed..help?

When my little girl is told NO she responds by hitting, yelling...the usual tantrum.. i feel like people dont think i discipline my child.. i do.. but its not helping.. and she stays at home with me and does not take naps.. however she still will not sleep all night in her bed.. after she falls asleep i put her in her bed and she gets back in our bed about 3 am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put her down in her room, stay in the room w/her til shes asleep then slowly work your way out of the room each night (like further from her bed) til you are outside her door then make your way to the living area. as for the tantrums, shes plenty old enough to reason with, explain that hitting hurts and it hurts peoples feelings and if she hits people they will not want to play with her. when she throws that kind of tantrum, leave where ever you are, if you are home, put her in a room by herself until she calms down. then go in and talk to her. as for the not napping during the day, she may be over tired at night, so see if she will nap during the day and if that affects her sleep pattern at night in a positive way. if my daughter (3 1/2) is over tired she will wake up earlier and not sleep well when she does sleep.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Girl I am right there with you my daughter will be 3 on August 6th and the las t two weeks have been hell she won't stay in her bed and we go back and forth till about 3 am when I finally give up and have to go to sleep b/c I work in the morning and the tantrums have been pretty bad. What has been working for me is she is now old emough to go to her room when the tantrums start. Good luck you can pm if you want
    mommymandaleigh

Answer by mommymandaleigh at 12:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2009