have any of you ever try or did surrogated

i try surrogating 2 years ago i was 12 weeks pregnant and i had a miscarriage. i hemorrage so bad that i needed a blood transfusion and 3 days in the hospital. (i was dieing) after that i didnt wasnt to do it again. i felt really bad for the parents but i decided it was not worth leaving my 3 kids (at the time) without a mom.

adoradamia

Asked by adoradamia at 6:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I thought about it. However, I was diagnosed with endometriosis, and we decided it would be hard enough for us to have one more child of our own, let alone a child we wouldn't raise.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• you did a wonderful thing mama, try not to feel bad. i understand how you feel, i would be a surrogate as long as the child was not genetically mine.
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My Cousin does it. She has done it twice and had 3 babies in those 2 pregnancies. The first time she had a set of twins and the couple has actually come back for a third so she is in the process of doing it again :)
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 6:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would love to do it but my family are not supportive enough for me to do it!
    Anonymous

• If my current pregnancy is successful (like my first one) I may be a surrogate for my best friend and his fiance because she has too many problems to carry a child on her own. She has already suffered one miscarriage and is willing to try in vitro one more time but if there's another miscarriage, they would like for us to try to conceive one naturally for them. They are the only people I would consider doing this for because they are family to me. This will be the last pregnancy for my husband and I, we only want two children so after this child I will have a chance to give them a great gift after everything they have done for me and my family. I sincerely believe that giving them that gift would make them so very happy and I would love to pass on the gift of children to a family that otherwise would not be able to have them on their own without adopting.
    innocencexinxme

Answer by innocencexinxme at 6:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my dh was very supportive. since we got together 5.5 years ago i told him thats one thing i wanted to do. i had a daughter from a previous relationship and without her i felt i wasnt complete. now imagine those couples that arent able to be parents. i just wanted to help those families. but my kids are more important.
    adoradamia

Answer by adoradamia at 6:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would love to do it but I had a placental problem with my last pregnancy, don't know yet with this one if I will have the same issues but it is too risky IMO for me to be a surrogate. I would hate to have someone put their hopes in me and end up growing an unhealthy baby.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 6:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my family wasnt to happy with my decision. but my body my decisions. if my dh was supportive then thats all i needed. my family would tell me what if something happens. it did and made me realized that my parents tell me for a reason. they were right. :)
    adoradamia

Answer by adoradamia at 6:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Meh, I'd do it for a close friend
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would do it for a close family member or friend. I actually would love to do it for my cousin and his wife but it isn't something that you just bring up, you know? They had a m/c three years ago and have unsuccessfully been able to get pregnant.
    Anonymous