Where did you get your baby name from?

How did you choose your baby(ies) names? What inspired you? My mom named me after a character on a soap opera and I named my baby after the Grimm's fairy tales Sleeping Beauty, Briar Rose.

Gothiclovesick

Asked by Gothiclovesick at 6:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• All my boys were given biblical first names. Matthew, Jacob and Mark. My Mothers grand kids and great grand kids are" Matthew, Jacob Mark, Daniel, David, Joshua, Rachel, Rebecca, Darius, Noa, Matthew Jr, Hannah and Ruth and the list goes on..I think it's a family trait..lol
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My daughters' names are: Alexia Marie and Gianna Grace. Alexia I just came across in a baby name book but Marie is my mother's middle name. Gianna Grace we just came across those names in a baby name book as well. This baby if it is a girl the Sophia Rose. We came across Sophia and we chose Rose because my Grandmother always got confused for some reason and was calling our little Gianna---Gianna Rose...so that is where that came from. If the baby is a boy it's name will be Gerard (after my husband and father in law....and Jerry for short which is their nickname as well as my father's) Allan--which is my Father's middle name and my Grandfathers' first name.

Did any of this make sense?
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 6:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Well my DH named my son after two XMen characters Logan Xavier. Our daughter was kind of a weird thing and my mom says she gave it to us. But I remember talking to my DH about her name and as we were in bed, I know my mom wasn't there. LOL Anyhow, he said Kylie and I said, according the name book we have that means Boomerang in Aborginees. So I said how about Kyla. And that was it. Her middle name was just something I liked but it was hard to pick out. We went back and forth between Kyla Danielle, Kyla Beth (after my best cousin!) and Kyla Grace (after my grandma). Ended up Danielle, but now I wish we would have went with Beth, because we use her middle name so much!
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 6:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Wyatt- from the TV show Charmed. But my husband tells everyone it's after Wyatt Earp.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 6:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my oldest is Caleb Michael, i loved the name, and knew before i had kids that if i had a boy, his name would be Caleb, then me and my kids dad went back and forth between michael and matthew for the middle name, michael sounded better.and my other boy is Carter Jacob, carter came from Carter Oosterhouse from trading spaces and Jacob was from my first love (though my childrens father doesnt know that) my kids dad has an older son named Curtis so we also wanted to stick with C names
    calcarsmom1980

Answer by calcarsmom1980 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My oldest is Connor Knight. We loved his first name and it made DH happy cuz he felt it was a strong, masculine name. The middle name is a family name of mine.

My middle son is Avery Danyael. Avery is a name we loved and Danyael is a unique spelling for Daniel which is my DH's name.

My youngest is Devinn Asher. It was going to be Asher Devinn but DH didnt want our youngest two having the same initials so we flipped it around(in the end I think it fits him better anyway). They are just two names we loved. We kind of got the idea for Asher from the Evil Dead movies. We thought Ash was a great boys nickname but knew it needed to be longer so went with Asher LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i named my daughter after my grandma cuz i admired and adored her with all my heart! she was such a strong woman and she was my mommy..she was the greatest! i miss her dearly and because i loved her so much i named my daughter after her. my daughters name is akalina which is adeline in hawaiian
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My mom also did all biblical names for her kids, Delilah, Rebecca, Sarah and Joseph.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 10:03 AM on Jul. 24, 2009