First trimester and theme parks!?!?

Okay. I am only at 4 weeks into my pregnancy. This time next month I will be at Sea World with my husband and children. I will be around 8-9 weeks then. I know that the extreme roller coasters should be avoided but what about the other ones? I would never do it in my 2nd or 3rd trimester. I have not seen an obstetrician yet and will not until I am much farther along per their rules. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Anything with a significant G force should be avoided, i would imagine. However, most theme parks have it posted that if you are pregnant you arent allowed to ride, so take that into consideration. If something were to happen to you or the baby as a result of a ride, they wouldnt be liable since you knowingly went against what was posted.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Do not get on a roller coaster at all. You could end up miscarrying. There is a reason they advise pregnant women from riding them.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 6:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I went to Mexico 12 weeks pregnant and I went to Chichen-Itza and then went parasailing, snorkeling, speed boating and diving off a 20 foot cliff. Get it in while you still can. Once the belly is there, you can't do any of it. Only thing you definately cannot do is scuba diving. The pressure is really dangerous for baby.
    Don't do the extreme coasters, cuz the pressure may be similar to scuba diving. But you can probably ride the other rides and do the water park with no problem.
    Prepare to feel sick really easily, though.
    Gothiclovesick

Answer by Gothiclovesick at 6:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I went to an amusment park when I was about a week pregnant. (didnt know at the time though) I rode all the rides......... I was okay.
    I would defiently talk to your doctor.............. I would not have gone on any rides had I known I was pregnant though. Too much of a risk for me.
    CrazedMomof2

Answer by CrazedMomof2 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• wait a minute! are you seeing a doctor and having your blood pressure, blood sugar and weigh monitored?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2009