I am a single mom and i have two grandchildren living with me .My roof is leaking in five different places and i don't have the money to have it repaired does anyone know a program that i can call . I live in tampa hillsborough county . I would really appreciate it from my heart i am desperate.

I have been very sick these few years and i had to stop working and i don't know what to do anymore . I have applied for disability and i am still waiting. Please If anyone can help me i would highly appreciate it.

Thanks

jayz

Asked by jayz at 6:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• i live right next to you in pinellas county, have you tried to call social services or apply for any kind of assistance? my friend use to work for the state and she may have a better answer for me...let me get back to you when i can find out...pm me if you need
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• there should be some rural development or ship program available.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• to be poor In order to grow in faith. If you serve the devine creator he will help you. The government is unpredictable. Still apply, still do whatever you can do to make ends meet, but pray and have all of the faith you can manage to find inside of you. God respects that. Also, prayer is stronger if you do it in groups, generally. So if you could find others to pray for you and then when things get better, keep the faith and pray for others in need. I will say a little prayer for you. Stay strong for you and for those kids. It will be a great example for them. One more little thing. Adapt. Accept that things are gonna be hard and then they arnt so hard anymore.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 2:54 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Wakeup in the morning and just say to yourself, k, gotta put 5 buckets under the five leaks and thats that. Accept the leaks and accept the kids and take care of them. You might think, what does she know, but what else can you do? EH? EH?
    I wish you the best of blessings.
    Hollytree

Answer by Hollytree at 2:57 AM on Jul. 26, 2009

• We just got a 'free' roof.we called a roofing company that specializes in insurance claims.We had legitimate wind damage so that was to be fixed by our insurance with out the rates going up.act of nature The roofing company inspected our roof and told us to call out ins.and make a claim. the adjuster came out and explained to the roofer how much they would pay.(We have a 1000 deductible.) We had the roofer completely replace the roof but not fix the internal damages(stained ceiling ins would pay 500)He took the money the ins sent for the internal stuff and put it toward are deductible and then gave us a'discount' for the rest.The way it works the ins. company has a set amount they will pay toward a roof. So say that's 3000 and then 500 for the ceiling in the one room.If I have a 1000 deductible that has not been met then they would mail me a check for 2500. If the roofer chooses to take that amount then you pay nothing...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:15 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• it's worth a try. roofers are looking for jobs right now so it was easy to find one to work with us. them taking 500 less dollars is better then them taking 0 dollars.
    But_Mommie

• if insurance isn't an option then try Habitat for Humanity. They do repairs and sometimes churches have teens come do repairs like that as volunteers.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:17 PM on Jul. 26, 2009

• Habitat for Humanity, local churches, and the public housing coalition for your area. My thoughts are with you!
    Anonymous

• A word on your disability....keep fighting for it. They always deny it the first time and drag it out. The people that stick it out do get theirs (I had several friends go through this) and they get back payments. Hang in there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Aug. 21, 2009