dry clean comforter only.......i really love this comforter

and waited for the sell price to come down. it's 100% polyester and online research says you can machine wash it but that it lumps up etc.

have any of you done this and have it turned out fine?

my mother has a point though that we have a new baby on the way and that machine washable would be better but i truly love this comforter and for the price it might be worth taking a chance.i accidently washed a dry clean item that i got from kmart. it was just a so so comforter until i found the one i really want to go with our room. that one came out just fine but not sure what the fabric is but i'm sure it's not polyester fabirc. here is the link so you guys can see it for yoursleves

http://www.domestications.com/Products/Clearance/Mayfair+Bedroom+in+a+Bag/26000/28000/G15281x/R/15281D

this a great website with reasonable pricing.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It says the product is unavailable when I go there. Maybe it sold out.
    I washed a comforter that said dry clean only and it started to unravel at the seems. Sorry.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i don't think the whole link made it in. in my size it's available but if i miss out on it they always bring it back but then i have to wait for the sale price to come around again. which i have done already cause i can't make up my mind.

maybe this link works
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I tried the longer one and it still says not available.
    I think your mom may be right. My son was a puker. After the first few months I got so used to it, I would wear a shirt after wiping the spit-up off it a few times before changing it. Chances are good you are going to get puke or something from a leaky diaper on it mre often than you think.
    You may be right that it can hold up in the washer -but for how many washes? The comforter I spoke of still got used, but it's life was seriously diminished because I chose to wash it in a machine even though it wasn't meant to be.
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• http://www.domestications.com/Products/Clearance/Mayfair+Bedroom+in+a+Bag/26000/
    28000/G15281x/R/15281D
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My husband owns a drycleaners. We follow the care labels exactly to the letter. The manufacturer places them on there for the best care to keep the items in the best shape possible for as long as possible. Myself, I would definitely dryclean it. It will definitely be worth the money, as I assume that this is a very nice comforter (can't get through the link either) and you want your investment in this item to last for as long as possible. I have myself washed items that should have been drycleaned and been extremely unhappy with the results. Unfortunately, once it has been washed, there is very little that can be done to correct any issues that may arise, and even these measures may never return it to its original condition.
    Anonymous

• Tried looking again with the full link and was able to see it....definitely do yourself the favor and pay for the drycleaning. Parts of the fabric will never be the same.....as well as the braiding around the edges if they are washed.
    Anonymous