Is it wrong to put my son in a church's Mother's Day Out program if I am not sure I believe in God?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No it is not but since most of those programs are ran by churches you will need to remember that your child will be learning about God or Christ and will probably have questions for you! It is a great program tho...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Is it like a day of free babysitting? And you want to score, but you don't really go there? LOL.

Honestly I am sure that is fine, but we crack up all the time at parents who drop off their kids at church on Sundays and go out shopping during service.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I know he will be learning about God and I have no problem with it.

And no it's not like free babysitting, it is a preschool program I pay for.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it's perfectly fine. I'm sure not everyone who has their child enrolled in our churches Mother's Morning Out program goes to church on Sunday.

Answer by missanc at 8:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong to do. I do think if I were considering it I would look into what they are teaching to be sure I'm comfortable with what is being taught beforehand.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Not if you're not afraid of him learning about God and Jesus and the Bible. If you have no problem with that, then why not?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I assume that it is also an outreach, service project for the community. Unless it was specifically stated otherwise I would assume it was open to all and you were welcome to drop off your child.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• No-I do not think it is wrong.
    God bless you.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Obviously you have believed that your child would be safe there.
    Nothing wrong with taking your child there.
    Perhaps you will even meet some moms and choose to join them in their belief.
    Sounds like a good and positive thing to do.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 5:00 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I think it will still teach him good morals, & you know he will be around trusted people. Even though you don't believe, it's still good to have an open mind w/ your child. I say go for it!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:01 AM on Jul. 24, 2009