Anyone give birth with out your SO there?

My hubby is in the military. He's cross training and has to go to school for it. Well They want to send him Aug. 31st and I am due Sept. 6th. We will be in the same town but he won't be able to leave school for it. I am terrified of doing it with out him! My cousin is stationed here too but it won't be the same. I really don't want any of those "well thats what you signed up for" or "you knew what you were getting into" comments because really I can't stand them and you can't help who you fall inlove with.

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 7:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I havent. I got lucky and DH happens to be on block leave when I am due, Sept 3rd. Is there nothing he can do to push it back?

I hope someone can answer this, and I'm sorry I cant. Good luck hun, hang in there!
    AshlieTolliver

Answer by AshlieTolliver at 7:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• yes, mine unfortunately had just gotten back from deployment and was stationed in GA. I was still living in FL as we were not married yet and I got pregnant right before he deployed. Anyway, I was induced on a thursday and they would not let him leave work for it since we weren't married. She was born friday morning and he drove down as soon as he got off work and spent the weekend with us. It wasn't exactly ideal but I made it through and I wish he could've been there, but really the first time he sees the baby is still so special whether it's during childbirth or later. =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My husband was in Okinawa unaccompanied when one of my sons was born. He didn't see him until he was 9 months old. He missed all three of their first christmases and birthdays. It is hard, no doubt, but you can do it. I was a a base 1500 miles from my family. I had no one with me but the nurse. At least you have a family member close if needed.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009