I need an HONEST opinion please!!!

I currently have aboyfriend that I have been with for 4 years now and we have a daughter and I do really love him and he makes me very happy....BUT my sister has started seeing someone that I used to have a HUGE crush on for a very long time and its got me kind of upset.. She doesn't seem to understand why I'm so upset if I have a boyfriend. Now I'm starting to feel like I'm being ridiculous, becasue it really has hurt me that she would do this to me and I can't help how I feel. She has decided to see him anyway but doesn't want me to be mad at her..what do you think am I being childish or do I really have a right to be hurt.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• You do have the right to be hurt.....she should understand that he would be off limits even if you guys never even dated.
    Reshel

Answer by Reshel at 7:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Um. You never dated him. You are with someone you say you love.

No, it makes no sense for you to feel this way. Sorry. No such thing as "off limits" except if you're currently married to or dating someone.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i think you DO have a right to be hurt. BUT you do have a boyfriend & a baby by him..question..if your sister wasnt with him did you think of him?or did you just now start to think of him since your sis got with him? if your answer is no then iwould just leave it alone. take a good look at what YOU have:)
    Anonymous

• You have a right to be uncomfortable with it, even hate it. But by being childish about it you are hurting your sister and getting in the way of her happiness. Let the past go and enjoy your current boyfriend and daughter.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• This should be a good challenge to you. Your sister has the right to be happy. You had your chance with him and you gave it up to be with someone else. Be fair. You chose who you wanted now let her have your castoff.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• if you never dated him then it sounds like your just feeling bad that you missed the boat with him. i would be hurt but hey you never acted on it and i would chalk it off to it wasn't meant to be. i can understand it hurting but i think this is something your going to have to deal with. you shouldn't ask your sister not to when you had your chance. although i think if she truly cared about your feelings she wouldn't go there. i think your both entitled to your feelings & i see where both are coming from but you have to ask yourself is this man worth the heart ache form both sides. i highly doubt it's worth it. someone should concede to the other or you both back off this man. you have someone already so maybe you should concede to her. that doesn't mean you shouldn't feel what you feel and let her deal w your feelings to her from you. just means that you may have to find some new way of dealing or accepting the relationship.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• she's breaking the code dear you know it & so does she! NEVER EVER date your friends or sisters ex
    Anonymous

• anybody has a right to feel any way but the guy wasnt ur husband, or ur bf, or anything. Just a crush. I say be happy for ur sister and suck it up because it will only cause a divide. Their relationship may go no where or they could end up married, would u still hold a grudge, it is pretty childish. He's not whats important ur sister is and u should try and remember that before you give her a hard time about being with someone u HAD a CRUSH on. Good luck
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You are being childish. You had a crush on this dude, right? You didn't date him? Weren't in a relationship with him? They why do you think he is off limits for her? You should be happy with what you have, or move on. But she has the right to date this guy, it's not like she stoll him from you.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• anon 22, there is not code for past crushes! WTH are you talking about? She had a simple crush. Not a relationship, therefor he is not her ex.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009