smoking.....

i have quit servel months ago, but i almost slipped the other day if i were to smoke just one would it harm the baby, im not going to glad i didnt, but just wondering...... stupid i know, and pls don;t judge me im not perfect and very much alone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it could. It harms you and your lungs are fully developed. Can you imagine the poor underdeveloped lungs of a baby being forced to smoke?
    Anonymous

• well it could, but the likeliness of it is slim. everyone makes mistakes, when it comes to parenting, don't beat yourself up over it. those who aren't smokers and never have been don't realize how hard it is to actually quit the habit and how much you can still crave one months later.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• It could be harmful. Don't feel bad tho Mama, everyone makes mistakes, so don't beat yourself up to bad!!! Just try to kick the habit so you can have the heathiest pregancy that you can!! Good luck!
    bjones2552

Answer by bjones2552 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Oh MAN- I haven't smoked in a LONG time, but this pregnancy is making me CRAVE smokes !!! It is HORRIBLE!!! I have not yet had one, but I want one SOOO bad!!!
    Anonymous

• I know five women off hand that smoked during there pregnancy and there baby is just fine and there is nothing wrong with them i had to quite smoking from my asthma and allergies to it but i have slipped up several times during this pregnancy y and so far so good. I know what its like wanting a cigarette and afraid it will hurt the baby you will be okay hang in there!
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• yes just one could hurt your baby but my son is healthy and i never quit. i still smoke i just wont do it around my son.
    Anonymous

• ty to all and for being kind
    Anonymous

• i know if i have a cigarette it won't be my last one, so i'm just not going to have that first one while i'm pregnant. i think about how much it costs (outrageous over 6 dollars a pack) and how bad it smells and blah blah blah but i really can't wait to smoke again. but i will.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009