Rates for daycare

Can anyone tell me what a flat rate is at a daycare for a 5 year old? Or those who watch kids in your home what you charge? I am watching a 5 year old and I will be taking and picking him up 10 min from my home when school starts. I also feed him and take him places to do fun activities. I am charging $75 a week but was told by a few ppl that I am not charging enough.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh and I have a 7 month old too...forgot to put that in there.
    Anonymous

• i would call area daycares and get quotes so you have an idea what they are charging, just remember you need to charge less unless you are a teacher and doing the same things an area daycare would do. but every area is different. $75 a week for full time or part time? and if you are taking him to school than that means you would actually only have him how many hours a day?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• full time from 7-5 or 6 pm and he will be at half day kindergarten
    Anonymous

• This is what I charge per day -
    up to 4 hrs - $15
    4 hrs 1 min to 6 hrs - $18
    6 hrs 1 min to 9 hrs - $22
    over 9 hrs - $27
    I also do the food program with the state so I get reimbursed for meals. If I didn't do that I would probably charge a little more if all food was coming out of my pocket or I would keep the same rates and have them bring their own food.
    Anonymous

• my babysitter charges 75 dollars also, which is cheaper than most daycares.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2009