why are men so gross?

dh is such a slob and its really pissing me off. I'm not saying I'm not messy cause I am, but I am the only one who cleans anything. I agree that I should have more cleaning responsibilities since he works but he's home every day at 1:30. and any room I just cleaned instantly becomes messy again! I'm trying to get ready for the birth of my second and I can't do it alone!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I totally understand. my husband is a lil messy too. he often calls me anal about the way I keep the house. He likes leave food out, clothes on the floor, etc. I have no idea how to fix that. I figured its the way they were raised. try tellin him, that you need a little help with the house, because it needs to be sanitary and safe for when the baby comes...or you can make cleaning sexy. Flirt with him, kiss him while your're asking him to take out the trash. Tell how much it turns you on when he helps you clean....men can be pigs and slobs, sex is the only thing that motivates them..good luck
    Anonymous

• Because their mama's picked up after them. At least that is my hubby's problem. his mama followed him and his 2 brothers around picking up after them. I have told her many times that she broke him so she needs to fix him.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 7:28 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• yep! I blame his mama for taking all his shit! and now he's used to that... mine is the same...he'll leave his socks on the floor a step away from laundry basket!!!!!

Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'm breaking ds of that now and he's only 3 lol. he already cleans better than dh! how sad is that? when dh "cleans" ds room he throws everything in boxes "so long as its off his floor" he says... I'm like um no.. everything has a spot. I take it all back out and enlist the help of ds and we clean it together... otherwise I stop dh from cleaning and just send ds in to do it himself... he already knows if YOU make a mess YOU clean it...
    Anonymous

• OMG! Yes! THank you! My hubby is the same damn way!!! He lived with his dad and younger brother forever and his dad was to busy to clean or make them clean so he just highered someone to do it for them. Now I have to deal with it! It drives me up the wall! I've tried telling him to help, asking, yelling, not cleaning up after him, pleading with him. It doesn't work. I can't stand it! Its exhausting. I love him so much but damn!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I am getting ready for our 2nd baby too. And my daughter who is 2 1/2 is a better cleaner than her daddy!
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2009