How to get her to sleep without a bottle?

She has always had a bottle to sleep with but now I am taking away bottles and starting sippy cups can I still give her a sippy cup at bed time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• FIRST...throw them away!!!! Otherwise you'll be tempted to give her one.
    Second...Make sure she has enough to dirnk during the day and I give my son a sippy full of milk right after dinner which is normally around 530-6 and after drinking all that he's good.
    Third...Cry it out!! I'm a strong believer in the cry it out method...thats how we got him to sleep all night and now its how I'm getting him off the bottle at nap and bed times and its working he's slowly crying less and less..it also helps to make sure they are good and tired...He's always been in bed by 8 so he's normally tired before or by then.
    howardsmom

Answer by howardsmom at 9:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I make sure my little boy has enough to eat and drink before bed. He's going cold turkey. He cries for about 10 minutes then he gets over it and goes to sleep.
    Anonymous

• I just threw away my dd's bottle she too went to bed with it, and replaced it with her sippy cup.everytime she would cry for her bottle I'd calmly tell her, "do you want your juice?" I wouldnt even knowledge she wanted her bottle, she in time took it.
    mzprincessreina

Answer by mzprincessreina at 7:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You know what worked for me? I refused to fill my son's bottle with anything but water. I still gave it to him, but after a few nights he rejected the bottle on his own because he never got anything else in his bottle.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• as long as the sippy cup has water, it is fine

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Water in the bottles. He'll soon grow tired of drinking plain water.

I'm not into the CIO method...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009