• In the Spotlight:

How do you get your husbands to help around the house?

My hubby is home all day while I work and he does nothing, but make messes and not clean anything at all unless I am home to hound him. He even lets our 2 year old eat where ever she wants so i am constantly finding food all over the place. I am at wits end.

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i will play the i'm to tired to have sex from all the house cleaning and work that i do. although this only works if he is getting any. if not then i would just treat him like a child and make a list of chores that need to be done by the end of the day or by the time you get home. he won't like it but he has to pull his own weight and i don't think he would dispute the fact that you do a lot more then he does. so it isn't fair to you and if he thinks a chart ins't fair well thats just to bad. ask him do you want a happy wife or a frustrated wife and tell him what you need done in order to have a happy one. good luick.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have heard people let the housework build up until their dh can't stand it anymore and finally does it himself, but that is a matter of whether or not you could deal with it. I know many people who couldn't. I would say talk to him, but talking to men often times doesn't work when it comes to housework. Good Luck.
    trinsmom04

Answer by trinsmom04 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• what did i do to get my husband to help with the housework? i married him..'him' being a man who is responsible, respectful, and not the typical (from what i read on CM) selfish, housework-is-woman's-work man. if anything, he does more than i!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Have you spoken with him? He is either depressed or an ass. Make him get a complete physical.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 AM on Jul. 24, 2009