How do I time my contractions? So far they're 10 mins apart...

I don't know how to time them, but after I went to the doc today they said that it was 10-12 mins apart, and that I am 50% effaced...I'm not sure what all that means...but I do know that I am still 1 cm (or the doc thinks closed)...my cramping and tightness have been happening more and more since I got home...but the baby's movement checked by the fetal monitor was ok...should I be worried? My induction date is set on July 28th morning...what should I do? I can feel the cramping more when I'm standing or sitting...I can never feel it when I am laying down...but I did have a little bit of blood on my pad when I was at the doctor...this is my second pregnancy...I didn't have the same syptoms with the first one...so this is all new to me...please help...and many thanks in advance for those to respond :)

rijuamy3

Asked by rijuamy3 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• contractionmaster.com
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• yeah i had some bloody show a few hours after my contractions started, later that night my water broke. when they're under 5minutes apart you're starting labor, and you are in labor once you're 4cm. i went to the doc when mine was under 5 min apart, i was 3 1/2 cm and they sent me home with a sleeping pill. 2 hours later my water broke
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009