Do any of you pregnant moms feel guilty sometimes?

Dh cleaned the garage today. I cant lift the boxes and stuff since im pregnant. Plus it was 107 today and I was suffocating. I helped a little but not as much as I wanted to and he does so much for me since ive been pregnant. I feel bad that I couldnt help him more. Now he is at work and I feel even more guilty "oh he cleaned the garage for me then went to slave away!" people keep telling me "You're carrying his son! he should do things for you." I dont disagree with that but I dont like him doing everything when I feel I should be helping... Does anyone feel that way?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 7:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I feel like i would be helping when hubby does stuff but I know if I do i could hurt myself, depending on the task so No since I need to keep our baby as safe as possible I dont feel guilty. Plus hubby doesnt let me do stuff he thinks I can get hurt doing, cute really.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• If you help him w/ heavy lifting you could put your pregnancy in jeopardy. Clean the counters and make him a nice meal to pay him back.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I do! My DH comes home from a long day work and sometimes cooks dinner for me, and I feel so guilty! I just remember that in a couple more weeks I will be doing a LOT of work all by myself (labor) and he won't be able to help me with it!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i feel guilty at work im a server, and when i need to move tables around, it kills my back (i have sever siatica) and i feel guilty all the time, but back at home my SO still expects me to do all the work.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• no i figure when the time comes to deliever that it's all on me and that he has nothing to do with it except with support. which means i let him do must of the heavy stuff and when my feet are killing me cause in the end i end up doing the most important job and that is the delivery. i even have my husband clean the showers cause of the chemicals. he doesn't mine. he is tickled pink that i'm carrying his first child and will do anything to help me. 107 is not that bad when we cleaned our garage it was i think near 117.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009