It gets better, right??

My 2 1/2 ds is driving me NUTS!!! He won't play with me, and then when I do my own stuff he destroys everything all around him. He yells and screams and hits and throws things and punches. I'm going crazy!! It does get better, right??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OMG YES. They are often crazy because they are easily frustrated at that age. I read The Happiest Toddler on the Block and when he would start to rant I would say, "I KNOW, you're mad, mad, mad!" And then make a mad face. Sometimes it's just that they want to know you understand. Hang in there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• im trying very hard these days with my own 2 year old to live by this- BOYS NEED NOISE! i wouldnt tolerate the hitting if i were you- get a hold on that. but the tearing things apart and yelling is boy stuff.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Wish I could say it did but things only got harder once my son turned 3.. and then 4.. While it isn't the same stuff it is still rough.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• lol i wish. next is the sassy three's. they talk back!
    Anonymous

• My son is 4 and tantrums still continue
    Anonymous

• :) like that joke.. new dad met his friend (a father of 4) and asks him "what's the worst year of age for a kid?" - the friend replies " the next one" :))) hang in there...
    Larisko

Answer by Larisko at 11:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2009