fun ideas to do with my kids who are 2, 4, and 6

I'm a stay at home mom of 4 and I'm always finding the bills to look over, the laundry to fold, making a menu/list for groceries, "making important phone calls," and so on, I've pushed my kids aside so much that they don't even ask for my attention anymore. They nap between 1pm and 3pm so I have plenty of time to do those things then. I feel the lack of attention and affection is reason for my 6 year old having trouble falling asleep at night (she does not nap anymore just rests for an hour with reading) everyday that goes by I feel guilty for not being a mom to them.

I4GodRU

Asked by I4GodRU at 7:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can do bowling at home. Put soda cans or water bottles on the floor in a bowling pattern and roll a ball. Have a cupcake or cookie decorating contest. Play charades, play music as loud as possible and have a dance party. Have each child dress up and hand out awards for best costume. Carve sculptures of animals, cars, etc. using bar of soap. You can have a beach part inside the house. Adopt a soldier in the war and send them letters and and a box of of some goodies when you can. My little brother is over there right now and would love something like this. Collect old magazines and make collages that descirbe them or their family. Make a wildlife notebook to record animals and birds you see while taking a family walk. Take pictures with a digital camera and you can print them out later on. Have story telling. Have each kid tell a story. If you want more ideas let me know I have a million of them

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I feel the same way and I only have 2... a 3 and 5 year old. By the time I do the dishes, wash the laundry, clean the house, feed the kids, dress them, bath them,... do all the daily things, it's like what did I actually do with them. I am starting to learn to let the house go a little bit more and do more with them. I don't let them live in filth but I am starting to do more with them cause that's what's really important. Don't feel guilty. Just figure out a new routine.
    dhalinka

Answer by dhalinka at 7:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Once a week my public library does story/craft time for kids. Maybe yours does to! You could plan a picnic in the park, you could take them to a farmer's market or you could let them "camp" (with an adult of course) in the backyard.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2009