Crib bumpers??

I know they say not to use crib bumpers because it's a risk of SIDS.
But my daughter wiggles around in her sleep and gets her legs and arms stuck between the bars. I'm worried she's going to get hurt. I tried using a sleep positioner but she just wiggles around in that lol.
Any suggestions?
She is 5 months on Tuesday.

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 7:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just use a crib bumper. They have mesh and breathable ones if you're scared she's going to suffocate. Or you can tape her to the crib or use strong velcro. :)
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I used mine....my girls were wiggly too and it was so much easier to put the bumpers in than to have to get up countless times to rescue limbs

plus....if you look hard enough...basically everything causes SIDS.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• use a crib bumper just tie it really tight we use one
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 7:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would not put a bumper on unless she can roll over by herself if she can roll over youre good to use it-- although she may get stuck in the crib rails she is not strong enough to brake a bone she'll just remain stuck until you get her out
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 8:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I used a crib bumper and a pillow since my baby was five months and I don't have any problems with neither, I just use a really thin pillow. He moves around so much that he still gets his chubby legs stuck in between the bars of the crib

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Bumpers are not a risk of SIDS. The big fluffy ones are a risk for suffocation.

Use a bumper. They CAN break a leg in there, and if not, the bruises are HORRIBLE.
    Anonymous

• use a bumper. both my kids used them, my dd still uses hers. since they were born.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• ok I know most moms think this is mesed up but get a crib ten that goes all the way down the side its mesh netting material
    faithfulmomof1

Answer by faithfulmomof1 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• As long as your child can rollover both ways and lift their heads using a bumper is fine! We put the bumper in as soon as she started rolling over and getting her poor little legs stuck.
    snb216

Answer by snb216 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I heard that it wasn't just because of suffocation. Something about the airflow around the face?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009