Oh Baby.

...
I'm tired (but this could be because I am a SAHM taking care of my three month old all day, and getting up with him during the night, nauseous, and hungry, yet not eating more than usual and haven't gotten my period, yet I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative( I took the test the day of my missed period). If I'm not pregnant, why would I feel this way?...and if I am pregnant, why isn't the test detecting it?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• are you breastfeeding if so that could be a reason why you are not getting your period also it will come back when its ready I dont think you are pregnant since you just had a baby 3 months ago but it is possible call your doc
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• sounds like your stressed out, you may be late due to your stress, as for everything else your feeling well you have a 3 month old baby you are taking care of, i would try to take another test in a week, but sounds like your just stressed out.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I am not breastfeeding, I am formula feeding, and I have had one period since delivering.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I should also mention that I was taking BC pills until the beginning of this month, but was advised by my doctor to stop taking them because I was experiencing such awful side effects, and that my SO and I had unprotected intercourse once during the last few weeks, on the last day of my fertile window. I think I ovulated on the 6th, and we had IC on the 8th.
    countrygirl1987

Answer by countrygirl1987 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• What your feeling may be related to coming of BC ( the hormonal changes have wonderful effects too) or you could be pregnant- test are only like 97% on the day of your missed period anyway and that % is less if you didnt use first morning urine, a cheaper test or you miss calculated . I think both the absence of your period and how your feeling could be linked to both scenarios retest in a few days .

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 9:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2009