custody

What happens to a person if found in contempt of court for violating their custody order?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was found in contempt for falling behind on my child supprt. All they did was give me a certian amount of time to pay it back or I would have had to sit 30 in jail.
    Anonymous

• This isnt for child support its for visitation. The childs mother refused to give my sd to her father back in April and is now refusing him his vacation week as well. OUr lawyer has submitted contempt of court papers against her. I was just wondering what the consequences for her will be.
    Anonymous

• it depends on the court and/or the judge. The consequences can range from a lecture to fines, jail time, losing custody.....
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• btw, if you have C.O. I think the cops are supposed to enforce it and I hope you have police reports to document her refusing to give/send dd.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We do have a police report for the missed time in April. For the vacation we have witnesses of her telling him no and lying about the reason why.
    Anonymous

• if she can show just cause or you lack proof likely nothing. Remember the burden of proof is on you.
    Anonymous

• Well, I refuse visitation once before and nothing happend, judge just gave a warning, If it is a repeated offense then fines or more severe action
    Anonymous