would you stay in a relationship if you didn't feel like you were in love with the guy?

df and I have been together for a year. I really feel like I'm falling out of love with him. I'm 9 months pregnant with his child and honestly feel that's the only reason I stay. I know its a bad one but its true. we work well together in providing a stable environment for my 3y/o ds (from a previous relationship) and I'm happy here but I always thought I would marry someone I love not just someone I'm content with. what are your opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• im in a marriage where he loves me but i dont love him .. but stay due to financial reasons
    Anonymous

• do you think your feeling this way b/c your pregnant and the baby is almost here, i know hormones can mess with your feelings. If i didnt love him i would not stay.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• maybe. I just rushed into things... we were together 3 months before getting pregnant (which was one month after we got engaged) now I'm happy with him but I'm not in love with him. I can see us together for a long time, but is a loveless relationship worth it? I mean I love little things he does but I also get irritated at a lot of what he does too... I just don't know
    Anonymous

• No i would not. Im IN LOVE with my husband and same with him. I dont see the point in being with somene if thier is no love.

for the person who said they stay for financial reasons, what a selfish you no what!
    Anonymous

• I stayed with my kids dad even though I wasn't in love with him anymore. All he had to do was be a good father & I would have stayed with him for the rest of my life. But he couldn't even do that much. I left him when I woke up in the middle of the night 'cause I heard our 2 month old son crying & went in the living room & his dad was hitting him in the stomach. IDK how your SO is but mine was an alcoholic & liar..
    Anonymous

• No, I wouldn't stay. If you were married I would encourage you to work on it more, but you're not.

Answer by missanc at 8:46 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I dont know. My husband and i werent in love when we got together, but we had a child and lucky for us weve grown to love each other. 10 years and 3 kids later, we love each other very much. I think people fall in and out of love all the time. Its only been a year. If hes a good guy, try to stick it out . That baby inside you deserves a chance with two parents. If you still cant make it work at least you tried.
    jchris

Answer by jchris at 10:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2009