Help me out here?

I feel depressed, unmotivated and pretty much like I'm no good. I've always worked and lost my job because of layoffs. I'm not good at this housewife stuff. I actually kept a cleaner house when I was working. I'm on anti-depressants, but for about 3 days now I can't seem to get off my duff. Now my housework is behind and I don't know where to start. DH has been out of town all week and is coming back tomorrow night. I don't want him to find me and his home like this; HELP. Give me some tips to get me started, which order to get working in and how to get it all accomplished. I have a mountain of laundry, floors need to be done and the kitchen is a wreck. Please, Momma's help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Music helps when cleaning. Think of it this way, if u clean it, put out some candles and then tomorrow wear something sexy for his arrival.

Or, clean one room, take a break, watch a show, and clean again. Just take things slowly if u have too.
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my suggestion is do one room at a time, do a load of laundry in between rooms, and caffinate yourself lol, always jump starts me! good luck honey
    calcarsmom1980

Answer by calcarsmom1980 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Taking antidepressants without therapy is like treating a broken leg with pain killers and not putting a cast on the leg

Answer by rkoloms at 9:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies for me it takes so music to sing along to to help me get motivated to clean. I get the same way but havn't actually been diagnosed but I know the feeling of being depressed and having no motivation. I usually do the cleaning one room at a time while listening to music, then watch a show or play a computer game quick, chat with someone on the phone for company and go on to the next room. Best of luck hun. *hugs*
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• when folding clothes i like to sit in front of the tv find a good show and fold
    and listen to the radio when i am doing everything else
    Anonymous

• start a load of laundry, enjoy a cup of coffee, make your bed, get dressed, take the baby steps and move from room to room ... you will find that by the end of the day the work is done... and you can get your mind on the days to come... I think that if you would get a schedule together it would help you find the drive for the day...make sure you take a walk or something that gets you up and moving....
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2009