why cant I get my son to listen to me?

He listens well to other people, especially men. But when its him and myself, he will act like he either doesnt listen to me, or throw a fit if I tell him no. How do I get my son to listen to me??

austins_mommy11

Asked by austins_mommy11 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make sure make eye contact - you are looking in his eyes and he is in yours...that way you have his complete attention and he knows you are serious. When he throws a fit (that's his physical communication telling you he is frustrated and does not have the communication skills to tell you). Ask him if he is mad, acknowledge that you understand he is mad (even ask him "you're really mad aren't you?) If he continues with a temper tantrum have a consequence ready and let him know you will implement if he doesn't stop. STICK TO IT!  Here are some books about temper tantrums, anger etc. http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?node=22&page=1

momjs

Answer by momjs at 9:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009