• In the Spotlight:

Kindergarten

Can any moms help me by letting me know what I should buy my daughter for Kindergarten??

MommyzGurl4

Asked by MommyzGurl4 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in

• They should have a school list supply out for her particular school, or it should be coming real soon anyways. ;)

Other than that, maybe a lunchbox or nap mat...

My son is starting in a couple of weeks and we bought everything on his list and those other two things I listed.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:22 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Probably a little backpack, lunch bag, mabey some crayons or pencils I would put the markers, pencils, and crayons in one of those little boxes kids use in school to avoid a mess. Also a little one going to kindergarden is kinda scary so I might suggest something small they could pin on there backpack to remind them of you so they feel a little more comfortable. Good luck hun!
    Emo_mommy

Answer by Emo_mommy at 9:51 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Check your childs school website, ours post the supply list on there and at the local wal-mart.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Check with your school district. Our school didn't require many of the "normal" supplies for the kids (we didn't have to buy crayons or pencils or anything.) We did however have to bring in glue and gluesticks, and sharpies and highlighters for the teachers, certain types of tape, different sized baggies, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Your childs' school should have a checklist of what to get for the beginning school year....if you go to the registration and talk with the teacher she/he may have a different list to go by....
    thetrivetts

Answer by thetrivetts at 3:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• Your school may have their own website with a link to all the supplies list. Some say wait until the first day of school to get an official list from the teacher bc there is so much on the lists they don't need.
    Chick

Answer by Chick at 9:42 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• If you didn't get a list then I would think that they will supply the items needed. What she will need is a backpack. If full-day a lunchbox for snacks or lunch.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

• check your schools website for a list or walmart will put out all the schools supply lists like a week b4 school starts or find out @ open house or the 1st day of school from the teacher.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2009

Next question in
Do you know when school starts in Savannah, GA?

Next question overall (Health)
Infection?