My daugher wants to go camping with her boyfriend for her 18th birthday

what do any of you guys think of letting her go.I am far from a prude and I know they have had sex but I am kind of up in the air about it. Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• 18??? Why bother saying no... she can just up and go!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i would let her go. its her 18th birthday! shes an adult now. let her have a good time. for my 18th birthday my mom rented me a hotel at the jersey shore (im from NY) and me and 3 of my best friends went down together with our boyfriends. it was fun.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I think because she's considered an adult by than I would let her go but thats just me, the way I see it is if she's adult enough to have sex than she should be adult enough to deal with the consequences
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You know i look at it like this it's her birthday and if that's what she wants to do for her birthday then let her go and have a good time. Bring her out to dinner or plan a night for just you two and do whatever she wants to do with you for her birthday. That's how I would handle it. Good Luck and happy birthday to her.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I would let her, yes. Her eighteenth birthday...she's an adult...I think she should be allowed to go camping with her bf for sure.
    Anonymous

• The Mom and Grandma in me says Heck NO...but um...eh...well...My mother would never have allowed it so I didn't ask. I told her My gf's and I were backpacking for spring break..I was with my then boyfriend, now husband. Discuss safety, insist on birth control and buy her some bug spray.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• She is 18, so you have no legal ability to stop her. If you have not yet had the banana and condom talk, now is definitely the time

Answer by rkoloms at 9:42 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I realize she is an adult.

But - if it were MY dd - I would say no. Even if I *knew* she was having sex, I still could not bring myself to say yes. But, that is me. If you feel comfortable enough to let her go and you think she is mature enough - then you respond in whatever way YOU feel is appropriate :-)
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 9:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'd let her go. She's going to be 18, she's an adult (at least legally) then and it's time for her to start making decisions. In all honesty, without restraining her somehow, you can't stop her. If you don't have a really big problem with it, if I were you I would just tell her to have fun and be safe (in every way).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• shes 18.....umm i dont think she should have to ask u...
    dayna8

Answer by dayna8 at 10:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2009