• In the Spotlight:

I wrote a letter to a friend about her lies... is this to harsh? Posted this earlier and got very few answer-

You would have to know the situation to really understand the problem, but let me try to explain-
She is 21 now, has been "pregnant" about 3-6 times a year for a little over 5 years- In highschool she convineced EVERYONE she had a daughter, I found this not to be true when she ran away, and I spoke with her mother.
she "looses" the baby almost 12 weeks TO THE DAT into every "pregnancy"
I am Due Aug 27th and she has been "pregnant" 3 times in my pregnancy alone-

CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have been supporting you "pregnancies" since your "first born" daughter in high school and I have finally came to the point in my life where I realized that I can no longer do this, its unhealthy, and I feel that I am hurting you more by going along with the lies and deceit, than saying how I actually feel about the situation.
    I will not go as far as to say that you have never been pregnant before, and that you actually haven’t experienced that type of loss, but I do think the attention you got from the loss of that pregnancy sent you on a road needing more attention, thus, telling more lies.
    Pregnancy is not something one should take lightly, or lie about. It’s a human life, and lying about life to hurt others is wrong.
    Anonymous

• I think one day Amber, you will make a fine mother, but it’s just not your time right now. But just because it’s not your time, doesn’t mean that you should make-up a pregnancy for attention, love, or support. People will support and love you with our without being “pregnant”. But lying about things and lying to people is what causes them to walk away, and no longer support you or believe you.
    I said years ago, “I will believe Amber is pregnant when I see a baby and a birth certificate”. Years ago I should have put a stop to it, and be honest with you and said that to your face, not behind your back.
    I can no longer extend any condolences, or apologies for your losses, as I cannot see how it’s possible to have lost over 15 pregnancies in the past 5 years.
    Anonymous

• Motherhood is a big step in life Amber, and I don’t think of it as a game, it takes courage, compassion, responsibility, support, love, and conviction to stand up and be a mother at such a young age, any age!
    I would think very long and hard about talking to a doctor about the NEED to feel needed and pregnant before you think about actually having a baby, and mothering a child. I am sorry that I am being crude, and judgmental, but being a mother, I do not find it funny to joke about the loss of a Childs life, or lie about pregnancy any further. It’s an immature game, that teens play and I will take no part in it.

Anonymous

• it seems she just wants attention. stop giving it to her. if she is really getting on your nerves go to her about it. if she's your friend then you should be able to ask her straight out.
    adove01

Answer by adove01 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I completely agree with your letter and with adove01. I think that you should read her the letter not just hand it to her and if she is or was ever a true friend then she will listen and open up to you and the truth will be out in the open once and for all.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• By the way I think that your gonna be a wonderful mother.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Yeah, the letter seems spot on. I would give it to her and be prepared for the backlash. She seems the type to make a huge stink.
    Good luck with your baby and getting away from this toxic person.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• In our home the rule is ..."If you lie to us..you'll steal from us" If we found out that you lied to us..then we ask you nicely to leave our home and never come back. I do not like liars and will not deal with them. For you writing a letter to her..every word was well writting and I would give it to her ..reading it in front of you. But also I would let her know that your friendship due to this fact is over and never again speak with her.
    Anonymous

• The letter sounds good to me. Sounds like she needs serious help.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

Ditto. I can't stand liars, either and have severed quite a bit of relationships because of lies.
    I kinda feel bad for the girl, though. Seems like she is very desperate for attention. There may be some underlying issues. Maybe she needs help?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2009