fake diploma?

My husband is 26 and has not been to school, and we really can't afford for him to. He found online where you can buy fake diplomas to get good jobs. I am trying to talk him out of this, but I don't know what to tell him. He doens't think he would go to jail if he was caught, but I think he would. Has anyone heard of anyone getting caught doing this, and what was the penalty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• That has got to be the DUMBEST thing I have EVER heard in my LIFE. Just shows his maturity level to cheat his way through life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell him to get a weekend job, you get a weekend job, do the RIGHT thing the RIGHT way, quit cheating your ways thorugh life....everyone else had to work thier butt off to get through school one way or another, what makes him think he is better than everyone else? If he does this I HOPE he gets caught!!!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 9:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my step dad is a regional manager at a place and he calls the schools and talks to them to make sure its legit...its not gonna help him. try going thru a state agency sometimes they pay for some light training or job readiness
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• You really think jobs don't look into stuff? Just because he shows it doesn't mean anything.

Anonymous

• He would not go to jail, but he could get fired and then would not be eligible for unemployement compensation

Answer by rkoloms at 9:48 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I don't know if he would go to jail or not but he would definately get fired and it would be that much harder for him to get a job in the future. plus who knows how that could effect tax issues...
    Anonymous

• Lies are lies. Don't BUY one. If he really wants to LIE he should print his own BS degree
    gimmykissy77

Answer by gimmykissy77 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Your hubby trying to cheat his way thru it is so wrong in so many levels if u guys can't afford to go back to school then how can u afford to buy a fake dipolma? I honostly dunno how u can buy a fake dipolma your hubby is dumb no offense.
    Anonymous

• Get a copy of a GED and scan it. You can change the name on the computer. I done this for my brother, SIL and several uncles. They all have jobs and none of them have ever got caught using them. GED's are not checked into, trust me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Jul. 24, 2009