my three year old is driving me nuts!!!

he keeps doing things he knows he's not supposed to like biting. its things that he hasn't done in a long time... I just don't know what to do. today he bit me on the boob while we were playing. I swatted his butt and sent him to his room. when he was done crying he came out and said I'm done biting. I told him I really don't want to be around him cause he bit me and that he is way to old to be biting. I don't know where he is getting this stuff!!! and I have no clue what to do!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids like to re-test waters from time to time doing behaviors they know are unacceptable. I think that want to see if rules have changed- be consistent and it will pass quickly. ( with DS it seems to appear around his bday every year)

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 9:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'm with you mama! My 3 year old daughter is still in her TERRIBL HORRIBLE TWOS! UGH! I belive it has to be an attention thing, I dont know. I have a 13 month old and a 5 year old and I babysit thier cousins M-F. So I dont know, but recently I have been putting butt in the corner and making her look at the wall when she does stuff she knows shes not suppost to do and that has worked! Good Luck! To us both!!!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 9:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Maybe he's thinking my mom is driving me nuts!! She hits me and thinks its OK. She is so much bigger than me, how can anyone think that's right. She makes me go to my room. I don't know where she learned how to be this kind of mom.

I know there are moms that don't hit and know how to be good moms and not force their kids to stay in their rooms alone. I sometimes even have to lie to get out og my room. I'm so stressed out sometimes I bite. What do you expect, I'm only 3.

It's hard to be a mom if you haven't had good role models and haven't taken the effort to learn. Punishment doesn't teach kids good behavior. Without Spanking or Spoiling by Elizabeth Crary is a great first parenting book for parents of toddlers. It helps you learn to avoid the situation esculating to biting and hiting. She has a website, go to google and type in her name.

GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• i don't know why kids are labeled terrible twos because i think from 3 to 5 is the hardest. For many years i taught preeschool and i also have a 3yr old and a 4 yr. old. That is the time when kids really are testing their boundaries and limitations. They are also testing to see if authority figures are for real on what they say. Just be consistant and try to pay attention to the good behavior more than the bad. Of corse you have to correct the bad. You will get through this!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 9:45 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• lol gail.... your too funny!!! let's see where do I start... he bit me because we were playing the I'm gonna get you game and he thought it would be funny. I don't normally spank him but when you have something that's latched on to you and won't let go you do anything you possibly can to get them off, and as far as his room... well he needs to know that no one wants to be around a biter...
    Anonymous