Loving kitties

So why do some cats, especially male cats are extreamly affectionate when were pregnant? Can they hea r a second heartbeat? My kitty is really protective of my tummy now, If other animals get to close so my belly he'll jump in front of me and hiss until they leave lol. Oh and its just the cutest thing when he falls asleep with his little paw on my tummy. Has anyone else had animals close to them like this? What were your experiences?
Thanks!

Emo_mommy

Asked by Emo_mommy at 9:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My Dog Honey, she will sit with one paw on my tummy and lay her head on my tummy too- its funny to see the look she gives when the baby kicks. She is always around me, would follow me to the end of the earth and back, she was NEVER like this before. I even found her "nesting" and making a bed in my room for her- I think she senes I'm pregnant and longs for puppies herself. I may let her have babies later, I think she will be a good momma!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my dogs were protective over me even if my bf raised his voice they freaked out
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My dog wasn't necessarily protective of ME, but anytime he heard a baby cry, even when i was just preggo with my first, he'd freak out wanting to know what was wrong! I dont know how he senses it, but he does!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 9:45 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• never had one protective of me during the pregnancy but when i had my son my roommates dog was over protective of him. anyone he didn't know couldn't be near the baby (i was super grateful i could lock the front door and go and pee and know if someone came inside the dog would go on a bark out) the dog also never liked my husband (roommates saved him from a home he was getting beat on and the only thing we could think of is he kinda looked like the guys who would beat him though he wasn't one of them) however the dog started bonding with my husband and became best buds after the baby was born and i would hand my son over to my husband (it had to be ME handing him off to someone for it to be ok loved it) all the time and then it was fine between them. i miss that dog he was a sweetie (we aren't roommates anymore)
    bkwrmem

Answer by bkwrmem at 1:41 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I found it strange my kittens were close to me all the time, before I found out I was pregnant. My female kitten laided right on neck and wouldn't leave. MY father in law that a vet said that cats and dogs can since a women pregnant and become drawn or protective of you. So, anything is possible. But yeah my stomach is getting bigger and my boy is jumping in there, Both my male and female kitten love to be next to me all the time. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2009