Sac and egg yolk but not fetal pole.. Im 5.5-6 weeks along.

The ultrasound today showed Sac and egg yolk but no fetal pole.. The gave me a estimation of how far I am and they think between 5.5-6 weeks along. We don't know when I ovulated and I ovulate late.. Anyways.. What do y'all think? Doctor said it might just be too Early.. Has anyone been told that and then came back for u/s and there was the baby???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I had a baby there at 8 weeks, Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Seeing the yolk is a very good sign! You are still very early!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My first ultrasound was 8.5 weeks, it showed 6.5 weeks, they did another ultrasound 2 weeks later and there still wasn't anymore developement. Just keep and open mind and best wishes to you.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• way too early when i was 5 weeks thats all i had at my six week check up i had yolk sac feetle pole and a heart beat so hang in there your baby is growing no need to worry i would start to worry if u go in at like 8 weeks and u see no fetal pole or anything but right now u are so early i am currently 9 weeks and 3 days expecting number 3 my little penuts heart beat is 160!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• same thing happened to me, now I am HUGLY pregnant currently on week 35!! GOOD LUCK and congrats!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 10:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• That is fairly normal. Lots of places don't even want to see you before 8 weeks, some 12 weeks.
    squish

Answer by squish at 10:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• my first ultrasound was at 4/5 weeks along (like you I ovulate later than others). I now have a healthy happy 5 month old little girl. At the ultrasound, all we could see was a tiny little white circle in the uterus.

vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• We went in 2 weeks ago and I was about 5.5-6 weeks... they seen the gestational sac and the yolk sac, and said that was normal for that early on... Even though I was a little worried as to why they couldn't see the baby, it was just too small to be detected.. We go in again Friday to get a better dating for everything. According to my doctor and u/s tech, it is completely normal to not see the baby that early on.. =)
    SammyMarie

Answer by SammyMarie at 11:23 AM on May. 4, 2010