Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Mom took my kids baby photos & wont give them back.

My grandmother died and all the photos of my kids I gave to her revert back to me dont they? I am divorced and my ex- hubby kept alot of my kids baby photos - I always thought when my grandmom died I would get her photos that I had given her- so I wasnt sad about it, untill I see the photos at my Mom's after my grandmom died and she wont let me have them. She has some in the living room, but most she has in her bedroom which I saw when I went into change one day. She wont let me have them even tho they r my kids & I took the photos. My ex & I had a bad divorce so I cant ask him. ADVICE?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Jul. 23, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • You could ask to borrow them and take them to a store to get reprints of them done so you both have the pictures.

    Answer by MythicMMM at 9:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • Just take them back! If you know where they are in her house than just grab them and take them. If she wants to keep them than you can always make doubles but if not I'd just take them back. They are your kids and technically your photos.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • Oh and if that fails and she won't give them to you to do that, just remind her you will get the pictures from her eventually any way since she will die before you because she is old and mean.

    Answer by MythicMMM at 9:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • She doesn't have to give them to you even though they are pics of your kids. They were your GM's. Just get a copy of them. Not worth a war with your mom who may not be here much longer herself. You never know when someones time is up.


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • If u took those photos then they revert back to you- when someone in our family dies whatever gifts we gave thm we have first choice whether we want those gifts back or not.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • tell her to scan them and give you the disk or give you the originals and she can have the disk

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • Borrow the pictures from her and take it to your local drug store, like Walgreens and make copies. They have a little machine that looks like an ATM machine to make copies that come out on photo paper, just like the originals. It is easy to use. Problem solved.

    Answer by hopelessnance at 10:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • Shes right, its not worth the war, however, ask her for them to make copies then give her the copies and you take the originals. This happend to my husnband and i. HIs great granny passed and his grndma and mom tried to take all the family pics. we just stole them back, but you probab;y dont wan to go that route! lol

    Answer by jchris at 10:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • If ur mom doesnt know how to use a computer she cant make copies by scanning them- if she wont pay the money to copy them or refuses to give them up- take aome of them when shes not home one day- not the living room ones- alittle at a time take them back- they r YOUR KIDS BABY PHOTOS- U took them- she didnt and I think she is selfish

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

  • I would definitely ask her to have copies made! But this really upsets me! My DH had a very rough childhood. I barely have any  baby pictures of him to show our children. We did get access to some through my MIL's ex that she had left in the attic. I scanned all of them and then gave them to her. They were hers. Even though she put them in a closet never to see the light of day again. lol But you should have been the one to get those pics.


    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.